THE DO’S AND DON’TS WHEN YOU NEED A SECURITIES FRAUD ATTORNEY
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU FEEL YOU MAY NEED A SECURITIES FRAUD ATTORNEY
DO Request All Of Your Records:
- Copies of all account opening paperwork
- Copies of all customer profile paperwork
- Copies of all transaction confirmations in the past year.
They’re YOUR records. If you receive pushback or they ask why you want your records, you can say “I just want copies of my records, please. I need them for my files. Thank you.” If they still aren’t producing the records, send them a letter requesting they produce everything. Keep a photocopy of your letter and the postage clearing stamp. It’s important to be firm and stand your ground.
DO Keep Records of Your Written Requests.
When communicating with your broker or broker keep track of the following:
- All emails.
- When talking with them, keep a record of when you talk, who you talked with, and what you talked about.
- Keep track of who they tell you to talk with next.
DO Focus On Clarity and Tone.
- Remember to be polite.
- Stop pursuing the records when after many attempts they still won’t budge.
- Your next step is to arrange for a free phone consultation.
WHAT YOU SHOULDN’T DO
DON’T go on and on.
- Less is more when it comes to communications.
- Keep your communications polite, short and simple.
DON’T rant about your frustrations in any email or verbal communications with your broker, however valid they are.
- Remember that everything is recorded and retained.
- It is understandable that you’re angry and frustrated, but by expressing this frustration unproductively you may harm your claim in a variety of ways.
DON’T speculate, but you shouldn’t ignore your senses, either.
- It is easy to become swept up in the moment.
- If your bank or broker isn’t sharing information, you won’t know what is happening.
- This is why we offer free phone consultation.
DON’T prepare a demand letter or other substantive arguments about the facts of the case without speaking with a Securities Fraud attorney first.
- This is critically important.
- It is possible that you will harm your case to the point where you will not be able to find an attorney to help you later when you discover you actually do need one.
We can help you assess your potential claim over the phone. Contact us to schedule a free phone consultation by clicking here.